- contact CTC for info regarding trail – I have contacted the trail chief, and I am waiting on a response to start some conversations on Trail conditions, etc.
- contact FHSP for info regarding resupply, zero day, showers, electricity – so far I have researched online and have noticed it is a well established park with full amemnities with decent prices for camping.
- finish downloading and printing maps – still in progress, finding time to sit down and actually map things out is becoming tidies. But I have things started, my first section is on paper and i’m refining it as I write. Should have a Itinerary up soon for my first section of the trail.
- find the next three sections of the hike – 1 of 4 found still doing, just researching the sections left and finding the best connection route for the price.
- Learn more about Wartburg – this is a rather small town of 800 or so people ref. 2000 census. Luckily they have plenty of resupply stores that can be utilized for all the hiker needs. Save a lot, Dollar General, IGA Darnel Food Market, etc. plenty of food shopping within a 3 mile radius or so.
Section 1 – Tank Springs Trailhead(Eagle Bluff section) to FHSP(Arch Mtn. Section), then via road head to Wartburg and down to Nemo Bridge Trailhead(Emory River Gorge Sec). 41 miles calculated so far (road walk not included)
Day 1 – Eagle Buff sec. Tank Springs Trailhead to Bruce Gap Trailhead 11.7 miles
Day 2 – Anderson and Cross Mtn. Sec. Bruce Gap Trailhead to Norma Rd 17 miles
Day 3 – Lawson Mtn. sec. Norma Rd to Smoky Creek Rd. 9.8 miles
Day 4 – Arch Mtn. sec. Smoky Creek Rd to The Garden Spot (FHSP) Frozen Head State Park 13 miles
*Possible resupply from (FHSP, campground, showers, camping, charging.
contact info for FHSP
964 Flat Fork Road
Wartburg, TN 37887
Day 5 – ZERO DAY in FHSP
Day 6 – ROAD WALK – Wartburg *(resupply) *plenty of stores for full resupply. DG, Save a lot, IGA Food Mkt.
via Ross Gap Trail to Flat fork rd. Follow Knox Hwy to Wartburg, from Wartburg follow Catoosa Rd to Nemo Bridge Trailhead. – miles unkown TBD.
Now what / more planning
- Decide on Section 2 of 4
- finish refining Section 1 Itinerary
- download more and more maps